4/26/2013

Tragic Creature Media is the temporary home of everything I have been involved with. This encompasses musical endeavors like Robe., Black Cinema, Attics, FLU, and more. It includes directorial efforts such as FRACTURE, The Cut, and Night Organ. Lastly, it will encompass all future efforts in writing, music, film, etc.

I am currently looking for funds to return to the busy world that I lived between 2006-2010. In that time I recorded over 50 releases for the band Robe., a Vamper Whomps Album, three Attics albums, a FLU E.P., a Deep Shiv album, 5 Black Cinema Albums, a Self-Titled release, a full season of the web series dISABLED, close to an hour long short FRACTURE, and over 10 other short films. I also owned a record store that supported local music, was reviewed in Arthur Magazine by Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth, The Wire Magazine by Byron Coley, Rue Morgue's 100th issue, and 3 issues of Italy's Blow-Up Magazine in Italy one of which was a three page interview spread. The most important thing that happened was that I became a father to a wonderful daughter. I also got married. I sold most of my instruments after the company I worked for went out of business in January of 2010 in hopes of getting enough money to buy inventory for a record store. I did achieve my goal although the record store faltered and closed it's doors. I was in two bands in that time period: The Virgin Spring and Knife In The Water. I never obtained any high quality recordings of theses bands. I was playing on borrowed equipment that was not up to par, and had no recording equipment to do a decent job. Those two bands are virtually lost forever. With rent, bills, food, etc. for my whole family I do not have enough money to buy the most simple equipment I need to create the things I love. The more money I can raise the more music, short films, and artistic achievements I can make. I don't need the best equipment in the world, it doesn't even have to be new. I just would like to get to the point where I was before. I would also like to get back to you what you put in to me.

Anyone who reads this is entitled to my entire back catalog which is available here:

http://archive.org/search.php?query=kyle%20willey

Anyone that donates will be able to download all future projects free of charge forever!

Anyone who donates 10 dollars will receive a physical copy of a Robe. release be it on tape or CD or even a dISABLED DVD!

Anyone who donates 25 dollars will get a professional limited edition 2010 official black Robe. T-Shirt.

Anyone Who donates 30 or more Will get the shirt, cd or tape, all future downloads, and a credit on every project I make with equipment you helped provide.

Lastly to show you it is not all about money, anyone who donates working equipment (an amp, guitar, bass, accordion, keyboard, guitar cable, violin, saxophone, guitar pedal, bass pedal, drum, cymbal, banjo, ukelele, bongo, camcorder, sd cards, mixing board, laptop, microphones, xlr cables, anything that you can possibly conceive of making music or video with I will give to you a credit on every future release, and reward you by prizes for the equivalent monetary value to what you donate. In addition, if you donate and instrument or camera that is worth more than 40 bucks, I will either record a personal song for you that will have only one official physical release that I send to you or a video that I will film that is dedicated to you. How can you beat that?

For any questions: tragiccreature@gmail.com

For any donations of equipment or money orders or what not through mail:

Kyle Willey / 304 Breeding St. / Edinburgh, IN 46124

For online donations paypal at:

kwilley@iupuc.edu

Thank you, even if you don't donate for taking the time to read this or enjoy my creations. It means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment